Regarding latest Japan COVID restrictions after 11Oct 2022
Please note that below website which is issued by MOFA/MHLF of Japan is the latest information about COVID-19 restrictions in Japan.
Web : Border measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp)
Web : Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp)
Web : COVID-19: Current Border Measures and Restrictions | Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare | Government of Japan｜厚生労働省 (mhlw.go.jp)
Please note main point of changes after 11 Oct 2022 as follow.
of visa exemption arrangement.
The visa exemption measures, which were temporarily suspended due to the border measures, were resumed at 0:00 am (JST) on October 11, 2022.
Please refer to the following links for information on eligible visa exemption countries/regions and types.
Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay) | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp)
- Based on the New Border Measures, on-arrival test at the quarantine station, self-quarantine in places such as their own residence or accommodations, and refraining from use of public transportation are no longer required in principle.
In addition, all returnees and entrants are required to provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate(3 doses) of vaccines OR a certificate of negative result of pre-departure COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departing from the original country/region.
Valid vaccination certificate requirements(Web and attachment): Vaccine Certificate for Quaranatine｜Border Measures｜Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare｜Government of Japan (mhlw.go.jp)
Certificate of negative result(Web and attachment): COVID-19 Negative Test Result Certificate before departure｜Border Measures｜Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare｜Government of Japan (mhlw.go.jp)
- Passenger still need to download MySOS app and register required docs using fast track.
Fast track : To Anyone Entering/Returning to Japan (mhlw.go.jp)
For crew member
- As same as passenger, crew who have been tested within 72 hours prior to departure OR who are 3doses of vaccine recipients will be exempted from the behavioral restrictions during their stay in Japan.
(Please see attached Crew 2022.9.27 Administrative Circular)
If crew members do not possess either vaccination certificate(3 doses) and negative test certificate taken within 72hours prior to departure, they are not able to use public transportation and require to quarantine at hotel during stay in Japan.
- Due to resumption of visa exemption arrangement, crew members those who are listed in visa exemption country list (Web/ Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay) | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp) will be able to enter Japan with their valid passport.
For the nationality of crew who require visa, we will arrange crew shore pass to enter Japan upon arrival.
Shore pass allows crew member to stay in Japan 7 days in maximum without holding Japan visa.
- Crew members do NOT require to download MySOS.
Instead of downloading MySOS, crew will enter Japan with submitting attached “plan of stay” upon arrival. We will arrange the document upon arrival for crew members.
Post a Comment